I read CJ Mahaney's book "Humility: True Greatness" this summer. Here are his list of suggestions for inculcating true humility.
1. Reflect on the wonder of the cross
2.Begin your day by acknowledging your dependence upon God and your need of God.
3. Begin your day by expressing gratitude to God.
4. Practice the spiritual disciplines.
5. Seize your commute time to memorize and meditate on Scripture.
6. Cast your cares upon him (anxiety is rooted in pride).
7. At the end of the day transfer all glory to God.
8. Receive the gift of sleep from God and acknowledge your need and His purpose in it. (ie you are a dependent, created being)
9. Study who God is.
10. Study the doctrine of grace.
11. STudy the doctrine of sin.
12. Play golf as much as possible.
13. Laugh often, and laugh often at yourself
14. Identify evidences of grace in others.
15. Encourage and serve others.
16. Invite and pursue correction.
17. Respond humbly to trials.