Here are some great questions developed by Mark Driscoll to tease out the way we engage with culture and, particularly, lifestyle choices and decisions. These help me work out what it means to love Christ as I engage and participate in our culture and daily activities.
1. Is it beneficial to me and the gospel (1 Cor 6:12)?
2. Will I lose self-control and be mastered by what I participate in? ( 1 Cor 6:12)?
3. Will be doing this in presence of someone who I know will fall into sin as a result (1 Cor 8:9-10)?
4. Is it a violation of laws of my city, state or nation (Rom 13;1-7)?
5. If I fail to do this, will I lose an opportunity to share the gospel (1 Cor 10:27-30)?
6. Can I do this with a clear conscience? (Acts 24:16)
7. Will this cause me to sin by feeding sinful desires (Rom 13:13-14)?
8. Am I convinced that this is what God desires me to do (Rom 13:5)?
9. Does my participation proceed from my faith in Jesus (Rom 14:23)?
10. Am I doing this to help other people, or am I just being selfish (1 Cor 10:24)?
11. Can I do this in a way that glorifies God (1 Cor 10:31-33)?
12. Am I following the example of Jesus to help save sinners (1 Cor 10:33-11:1)?