I'm a great believer in distilling the essentials truths of the Scriptures into simple propositions that I can remind myself of and meditate on every day. I use lists of propositions regularly in my QTs to direct my thinking and affections, and to shape my heart with the gospel. Here are 5 key things that i've just formulated to get into my head and heart at the beginning of the day.
1. The Cross is the only thing that can deal with my sin.
2. I am now in Christ. I have every spiritual blessing and and live for God.
3. Sin is my worst enemy and righteousness my greatest friend.
4. This day must be lived in the light of the Day of Christ.
5. My life is about bringing glory to Jesus Christ.